Thursday, January 22, 2015

Dress #1 -- Simplicity 6092 (1973)

First make of 2015! It's a fun 70s-does-50s style from 1973:

I made it very similar to the packaging since I had leftover pink-and-white polka dot fabric -- except I made the collar and cuffs black! I love that contrast and it gives it more of a 50s look.

I made no alterations other than widening the armholes. No idea why, but I have found early 70s patterns to have TINY armholes! I'm also using my new tripod for the first time in these photos (so as not to bother my husband!) I still think I might need to bring it up a bit higher.

Overall, this was an easy-ish make and pretty straightforward.

1 comment:

  1. Very beautiful pattern, I am relieved that a 70ies cut can look so stylish, as I have so many of them and don't dare to sew them.
    Love that you paired the pink polka dot fabric with black instead of white, I like it a lot more than the version on the envelope.
    ~ette

    ReplyDelete

Making 2020 Interesting

I know this used to be a sewing blog, but I have only sewn two thing in two years. I plan to start doing in again in the upcoming months as...