Sunday, January 24, 2016

Dress #3 -- McCall 8059 (ca. 1935)

I've made this skirt before and it's such a wonderful fit I decided to make it again. I also had the perfect amount of the gray checked fabric to make it so this is what I did yesterday.

Yea, my checks don't line up. I had limited fabric and, truthfully, I don't care. I also made it longer than my last one (soooo 1933!) But that FIT in the waist and hips! And the way it HANGS!! I'm still in awe of the magic of a real 1930s pattern.

1 comment:

  1. It looks amazing, and from my favourite era, too :) Makes me want to dig through my pattern stash and find something to make!

    ReplyDelete

Making 2020 Interesting

I know this used to be a sewing blog, but I have only sewn two thing in two years. I plan to start doing in again in the upcoming months as...