Sunday, April 17, 2016

Dress #12 -- Gertie's "Cashmere Peplum Dress" (2016)

From her new book Gertie's Ultimate Dress Book and the THIRD Gertie thing I have sewn recently -- the "Cashmere Peplum Dress." Obviously not made from cashmere...

This dress uses the same basic template as my previously made Plaid Secretary Dress, also from her latest book. The only variations were cutting a V-neck into the basic bodice, the puff sleeves, and, of course, the peplum. I have about 6 yards of that polka dot fabric that has been sitting unused for a couple years now, lol. I think I intended to make a huge 1950s dress with it, but I knew it was perfect for this particular peplum-ed dress to give it more of a 1980s look (what I was going for!)

And because I used the same pattern pieces as the Plaid Secretary Dress, I didn't have any fitting issues. Size 10 fits true to size (40 bust, 32 waist). The peplum lines up perfectly. No issues with the size 10 peplum. No alterations other than not lining it (like the book calls for). If I don't have to, I don't. Just adds extra bulk IMO.

Unfortunately, I am not going to be sewing anything for about 2 months. I got my own place, but I can't move in until June 10. My mom, who I've been staying with, is moving into a proper house and May 1. I will be staying with a good friend for a month and a bit so I'll only be living off the basics! But my new place will be one big sewing room, so it's all good! Later!

3 comments:

  1. Explanation found re: your own place... Good for you! You sound SO happy these days, it's about freaking time! :) Loving these sewing projects, you've got such great sewing pattern taste! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely love this! It reminds me of something Joan Crawford would wear in the 30s. Do you take orders? :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You completed a number of nice points there. I did a search on the issue and found nearly all people will have the same opinion with your blog. cashmere fabric

    ReplyDelete

Making 2020 Interesting

I know this used to be a sewing blog, but I have only sewn two thing in two years. I plan to start doing in again in the upcoming months as...